Saturday, October 12, 2013

Broken like porcelain...

Hi All,

I apologize for the lack of anything here for the past few days, but I've been hesitant about sharing what's been going on. But I think I need to share. There's no sense in hiding what's happening because it only harms me by keeping it in. And besides, my story should be told. It could help others for all I know.
This past week I was in a major slump. What started it was that I forgot a morning's worth of medication (which is actually a decent amount). From there, I got worse. I originally just felt sad and lost, but then I became angry, confused, morose, and, worst of all, I wanted to die.
By Wednesday night, I was standing in my bathroom with a bottle of Tylenol, debating on what to do with my life. Finally, I must have seen a glimmer of hope, for I put the bottle back and went to bed.
I don't know what's bothering me. School, friends, family, relationships (or lack of). It all came together. All I know is that I realized that night that life is worth living and things could be a hell of a lot worse. There is always hope, whether you know it or not.
I'm okay now, guys. Please don't worry about me. I just wanted to share this because I wanted to show that I'm not entirely off the grid, and also because maybe someone will benefit from knowing that if I can find hope, then anyone can.
Peace out, guys, and be safe.

Best,
Ben P.

No comments:

Post a Comment